Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffin with Blueberry
These muffins are an easy-peasy 4 STEPS! On certain mornings, I like to make about half the batch with blueberries and a few with chocolate chips to surprise the kids.
- 1 ¾ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 ripe/brown bananas (they can be really brown, it’s a great way to get rid of them!)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsps melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsps full-fat coconut milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ Cup Blueberries Or topping of choice (fruit, or even dark chocolate chips) – more or less depending on preference
TOOLS/WHAT YOU’LL NEED FROM THE KITCHEN.
- 2 bowls (medium size)
- Immersion blender (optional) I like to use it for step 3. OR just use a whisk
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake paper liners or grease pan with coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 350° and Bowl 1. In Bowl 1 combine: almond meal, flaxseed meal, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Bowl 2. In Bowl 2 combine: bananas, egg, coconut oil (melted), apple cider vinegar, full-fat coconut milk. Using an electric mixer, immersion blender or by hand mix well.
- Combine ingredients of both bowls and mix with spatula/spoon.
- Fold & Mix. Once all ingredients are mixed together, fold in your berries/fruit.
- Transfer & Bake. Transfer batter to muffin cups/pan, filling about ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Then enjoy!
ADDITIONAL TIPS & NOTES.
- Be curious and experiment! Play with different toppings/combinations using the banana as a base. Every once in a while I’ll make half the batter with blueberries and the other half with chocolate chips to surprise my kids.
- No refined sugar (but banana is still very sweet)
- Protein and fiber dense
- Grain, gluten, and dairy-free
I would love to hear if you try them and what you think. Let me know how they work for you!
Free Well, where the things that make our lives uniquely our own intersect with our creativity, our free will, and our wellness!
Affiliate Disclaimer & Chance To Do Some Good: This section often contains some affiliate links and codes to products that I love, which means at no additional cost to you (in fact you’ll save $$ with the codes) I could receive a commission on purchases made from the links I share. 3% of the net commission $$ I will donate to Farmer’s Footprint. To find out more about this partnership and how your purchases make a difference read here! So THANK YOU! It’s a small choice to make, but by clicking and using the codes, you are helping to keep this site alive, supporting my little corner of the internet, AND being a part of the food and agriculture change with Farmer’s Footprint. I am sending you a big virtual hug. Thank you, friend! Seriously, thank you!
Medical Disclaimer. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only.